[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Wed Mar 28 02:28:20 UTC 2012

On 03/25/2012 08:23 PM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> At 05:18 PM 3/25/2012, Mache Creeger wrote:
>> At 05:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>>

>>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com
>>> <mailto:mache at creeger.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     $ hdhomerun_config discover
>>>     hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
>>>     hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
>>>     $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
>>>     $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>>>     vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>>>

>>> I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't think
>>> that should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that has
>>> 'auth=subscribed'?
>>> Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other
>>> channels in your first message?
>>
>> AMC does not record with the Prime and to the best of knowledge is
>> encrypted as an Extended Basic Channel. Perhaps this is part of the
>> problem.
>>
>> I know FOOD Network is encrypted and so is USA. In both cases, the
>> information is the same and they will not record on the Prime as well.
>>
>> -- Mache
>>
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 34
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>> vch=34 name=FOOD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>>
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 42
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>> vch=42 name=USA-W auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
> I went through lots of channels on the Prime, clear QAM, Extended Basic,
> and Premium and they are all
>
> auth=unspecified
>
> How do I fix that?

This sounds a bit like my experience getting my HDHRPrime set up with
Comcast.  In my case, the card was "activated", but not properly matched
to my Comcast account.  Therefore it didn't know that it was entitled to
any of my past-broadcast channels.

I found suggestions here, then got on the phone again with Comcast.  The
woman was very courteous and helpful.  She did something, told me it
might be as much as an hour, and gave me the next-level support phone
number, in case what she did didn't fix things for me.  Within an hour
all was well, and I could get all of my entitled channels.

Dale Pontius