[mythtv-users] Access Mythtv from Roku

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:22:40 UTC 2012

Hello,

I recently purchased a Roku 2 HD player.  I was hoping that I could access
my mythtv recordings from it, but I'm having a difficult time finding info
on how to do it.

I found the Roku HD Frontend in the Myth Wiki, but the Download Files link
is dead.

I stumbled upon MythRoku but it doesn't appear to support 0.24-2, and
there's no apparent way to download those files either.

Finally, I found MythRokuPlayer.  I was able to download the files via git,
but have not tested it out yet.  The Readme appears to be somewhat old.

Before I invest time and energy trying to get the MythRokuPlayer to work
(does it work with 0.24-2?), I was curious if anyone knew of any other
alternatives, or if there is an alternate download site to the Roku HD
Frontend.

Any info is appreciated.

-Rob