[mythtv-users] Live TV Program Change Over

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Wed Mar 28 23:27:50 UTC 2012

> OK, I just did a test.  I have 5 individual drives in my MBE for recordings, so I added a "livetv" folder to each one and also added a corresponding storage group for LiveTV in myth setup.  I watched the folders while watching LiveTV during the change over from local news -> national nightly news.  Myth appropriately spread out the recording files over the individual drives, but it had no effect on alleviating this issue.  I still ended up with a several second pause before ultimately crashing to to the Myth menu with a "error opening switch program buffer" error popup.

wow - my mail client messed that up...

Anyways...

So I had all the filesystems on the 1 SCSI HDD, 15k RPM. This proved "ok".
I move the livetv filesystem to the IDE 250gig disk and I could see a
change right away. The video often has "slow downs" or "lag". Audio seems
fine thou...

I stand by my original "claim", some patch is causing myth to be very IO
heavy and I am sure that it will effect most people out there when .25 has
more installs (Thinking that most boxes are low powered etc etc etc)

I have not tried reverting the patch mentioned as I use the packages :)

Cheers,

Pieter