[mythtv-users] Easy Question: Plug and Play IR for MythTV?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Mar 30 18:08:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012, at 12:55 PM, Douglas Wagner wrote:

  Basically, I want to be able to plug something in, make a
  selection on the Mythbuntu (or other) menu and have the remote
  at least recognised and talking to the OS...I can configure
  from there.  Recommendations?
  --Douglas Wagner

An older IR keyboard and then programming a learning remote will
always work - they plug into the keyboard port and require no
software/driver.  You can find them used on ebay for $30/US or
so.  Nice thing is then you have a full keyboard for surfing the
web, too.

I use the LiteOn Airboard...
--
Kris B.