[mythtv-users] Saving Bookmark in MythCenter-wide and Retro themes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 1 02:48:58 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 07:38 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 06:07 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/30/2012 05:22 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>> I have recently found the Retro theme which parallels my personal
>>> changes to MythCenter-wide (I dislike the green accents too). But
>>> MythCenter-wide (and MythCenter) both save and clear bookmarks (when
>>> you press enter, select or space during playback), but Retro does not.
>>>
>>> This seems to be set up through tv_play.cpp as there is nothing in the
>>> theme xml files. Does anyone know how to turn on this feature in Retro?
>>
>> It can't be controlled by the theme. It's controlled by:
>>
>> Alternate clear and save bookmark
>> During playback the SELECT key (Enter or Space) will alternate between
>> "Bookmark Saved" and "Bookmark Cleared". If disabled, the SELECT key
>> will save the current position for each keypress.
>>
>> in Video Playback settings in mythfrontend (which defaults to enabled).
>> Perhaps you have different settings on different frontends (or somehow
>> you're using a different LocalHostName/machine identifier (and,
>
> Thanks Michael. Same frontend. Save/Clear works in MythCenter-wide v
> 1.1 or 1.5, esc out to Setup, and download/install Retro, drill down
> to the SAME tv show, and.... no bookmarks. and does not recognize/jump
> to the bookmark I just set in MythCenter-wide..
>
> You have confirmed that this is weird, but exactly what is going on is
> obscure. Version is trunk, from yesterday (or Saturday)..

The only reason I can imagine that would happen is if that theme uses
the "allow themes to silently change key bindings so that I don't have
to hit SELECT and can just hit RIGHT instead because it takes so much
effort to move my thumb" feature that was added before 0.25.  You know,
the one that would allow you to redefine, say, SELECT to mean DELETE,
just for fun.

If that's what's happening, Retro must be redefining SELECT to mean
something else.

Mike