[mythtv-users] Multi-standard DVB frontend support?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue May 1 10:18:18 UTC 2012

On 30/04/12 22:10, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> One week with no replies, figured I'd bump this at least once. :)
> On 23 April 2012 10:01, Niklas Brunlid<prefect47 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Apologies for cross-posting to the dev list, but it seemed appropriate.
>>
>> I'm wondering if there are any plans for support of multi-standard
>> frontends? I came across
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/45723/match=290ewhen
>> looking for clues as to why my PCTV 290e stopped working when I upgraded my
>> Fedora 15 (now 16) combined backend/frontend server to a 3.x kernel and it
>> mentions that it was introduced in Linux DVB API v5.4 or something.

I think you'll have to explain in a little more detail exactly what your problem
is, if you want someone to look at it. I run a back end with 2xDVB-T cards and a
PCTV-290e USB dongle for HD and I have no problems at all. I'm running a Debian
3.0.x kernel on that box.

Where exactly does your front end enter into this? Tuners are in back end(s). If
you mean you have a problem displaying SD/HD content, that's got nothing to do
with your tuners.

--

Mike Perkins