[mythtv-users] MythMusic Multiple Folders

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:03:19 UTC 2012

On 1 May 2012 03:52, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I tell the MythTV setup for Music to view multiple folders?
>  Specifically, I'd like to break out my folders like this:
>
> Christmas
> Music
> Classical
>
> Is that at all possible?  I've done a quick search, and the only thing I
> can find is a reference to separating the different folders with a : (but
> that was back in 2004
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-July/048806.html).  And
> it doesn't appear that storage groups work for Music?  Thanks for the help!
>
> Jim,

No, no storage groups for mythmusic yet.

I guess the obvious solution is to put all of these music folders in the
same folder and then set that as your mythmusic folder.  Is there any
reason they are in different locations?

Otherwise, you could create a music folder, then symlink these 3
directories into that.  AFAIK, mythmusic works with symlinks, I haven't
tested it though

Cheers

Martin