[mythtv-users] mceusb IR-Blaster question

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue May 1 13:40:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM, jbhuber <jbhuber at judahnet.net> wrote:
> I am trying to use the ir-blaster side of this to control a Pioneer Voyager
> 3000 STB from Brighthouse.

Start by looking here:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pioneer/

You need to add one of these remote definitions to your remote
configuration file after your mceusb configuration.

> When I  issue the irsend command to hit the power button for example (irsend
> SEND_ONCE mceusb Power) I see this in the logs:

You don't want to send mceusb signals.  You want to send pioneer
signals, so it should be something like:

  irsend SEND_ONCE Pioneer_VXX2910 power

if you use the VXX2910 configuration file.

I have no idea which exact configuration file is the right one for
your particular model STB.

Eric