[mythtv-users] Keep losing p2p firewire connection on dch3200

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue May 1 22:09:19 UTC 2012

On 5/1/2012 5:36 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> For Comcast, I can't recommend the HD HomeRun Prime highly enough.  I
>> now only rely on the firewire connection when I have at least three
>> other recordings going.
> I agree that OCUR devices are just easier to deal with, and
> are far less likely to encounter problems with the next
> Comcast STB firmware upgrade(*).
>
> Gary
>
> (*) I do not know what happened to it, but I recall that
> Comcast was going to roll out a new and improved(**)
> gui for their STBs across the country.  It may have been
> bundled into their channel remap plans, or maybe it got
> lost in the Xfinity branding, or maybe it happened and I
> never noticed.
>
> (**) It cannot be BOTH new, and improved (pick at most one).

I got the Comcast new GUI around April 2011. This is the event that
actually precipitated returning the comcast DVR and setting up MythTV
with a set top box and DVB tuners. the new DVR GUI was worse than the
old. Unfortunately the update also stopped firewire channel changing
from working, so I had to get an IR blaster.

Peter