[mythtv-users] Myth 0.21 expiring ALL shows too soon with TONS of disk space available

Ryan McDonald mcdonald.ryan at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:12:06 UTC 2012

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Two questions though.

1 - For 32-bit hosts, the fix first appears in 0.25? (or in some 0.24
patchlevelX version)?

2 - The way I understand the issue is that there is a problem evaluating
the value that is returned by the "HowMuchSpaceIsLeft()" function.
Assuming this is true, if I *had* to stay at 0.21, couldn't I just dd a
bunch of 250MB /dev/zero files into the file system so that the disk
always has <1T remaining at any one given time?  Then, I'd slowly remove
these dummy files until they are all replaced by actual media.  Would
this work?

Also....  If I'm sitting at 0.21 right now, which versions do I need to
install BEFORE I upgrade to 0.25 to make sure all the schemas get updated?

-Ryan