[mythtv-users] MythMusic Revamp Ideas

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:57:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> I can't say I'm particularly impressed by that.  Sure, it has lots of
> slick eye candy, but I don't feel much need for that.  The video seems
> to heavily feature mouse/touchscreen control with either a keyboard or
> onscreen keyboard for searching.

The cool thing about the video is that while it did feature mouse clicks,
that could all be achieved with an IR remote control directional pad, back
button, and the center/enter key (on the MCE USB remote).  While the eye
candy would be a welcomed addition to Myth, I think the general layout is
MUCH nicer than what was present in 0.24.  I never understood the reason to
have onscreen icons for next/fast-forward, play,pause, rewind/previous.
 That just seemed like wasted real estate.

> MythMusic searching could benefit from having an onscreen keyboard,
> but frankly I'm not sure how to do that in a multi-lingual way.

Isn't there already an onscreen keyboard (at least in 0.24 there was)?

> Of course, the best input method for searching would be voice control.
>  If only there were more time in the day...
>
> Eric

If only :-)  I appreciate you taking the time to look at it.  As I said, it
was just an idea.