[mythtv-users] .25 - "Maximum buffer size exceeded"

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Fri May 4 03:13:47 UTC 2012

I have dual HDhomerun tuners.  Mythtv 0.25 was recording two HD shows.  One
got truncated with the buffer exceeded error.  No other errors in dmesg or
/var/log/messaages, i looked for hard drive errors and found none.  To make
the matter worst, mythtv showed me that it was still recording (definately
a bug), the file was truncated.  Mythtv also lied about the file size and
recording duration (also bugs).  If the recording is truncated, don't lie
to the user.  Also this never happend with 0.24 which seems more robust.