[mythtv-users] Transient Protocol Mismatch with Master

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri May 4 16:11:50 UTC 2012

Sort of, a bug report. Very very minor...

I did a git clone this morning and re-built, Mythbackend started
normally. Mythfrontend told me to run mythtv-setup, as the db schema
needed upgrading to 1302,
Mythtv-setup failed, complaining about a Protocol mismatch between the
server at 72 and the client at 73.

That was with the backend running, but I did not get the 'Stop Backend
and Continue' popup. Mythtv-setup exited.

Then I stopped the backend and tried again. It worked.

Obviously something going on. I suspect that the database was on the old
protocol, and mythtv-setup on the new protocol. The error routine does
not properly account for that particular use case and exits, when it
should over-ride and continue.

Simple work=around is to stop the backend manually.

Geoff

mythfrontend version: master [v0.26-pre-175-gfe11b61] www.mythtv.org

[root at tor1 uls]# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.26-pre-175-gfe11b61
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 73
Library API : 0.26.20120503-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
  linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_libcrypto using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg using_libxml2