[mythtv-users] 0.25 Changing Channels Errors with Audio/Video Sync

Nick Gorden miffedtv at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 17:47:28 UTC 2012

Hi, I'm using a PVR150, and when I try to go into LiveTV, sometimes I get a prebuffer error, other times it goes in fine. If it doesn't, it just sits on a blank screen, then I get kicked back into the main menu. Sometimes, I have to reboot the backend server just to clear it up.

Then when I switch channels on the PVR150, I can hear the audio, then the video appears later. In the error logs, there's a PreBufferEnoughFrames error and it goes through a whole bunch of Waited 6452ms for video buffers, then when it finally decides to kick in, there will be a AFD: Audio 7501ms behind video but already 220 video frames queued.

Then everything works. It's annoying but works. It didn't happen in 0.21.

Any ideas?

Nick