[mythtv-users] Does .25 still use find_orphans.py

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Sat May 5 17:33:28 UTC 2012

> If so, running mythlink will delete the existing links in the destination
> directory and subdirectories before it creates new links.  (If you're using
> the "single-file" mythlink approach as a user job or system event, as
> described at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Mythlink.pl<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl> ,
> you'll need to do as mentioned in the Note box:  "*Note:* You will also
> need to run mythlink.pl separately to remove old symlinks. See Usage <
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Mythlink.pl#Usage<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl#Usage>
> >."

Running mythlink.pl as part of your transcode userjob or as a system event
works really well to create just the link for the newly created show. I
found that running mythlink.pl as a cronjob to recreate the links did
occasionally cause issues if you were watching. I now just run a cronjob
every few minutes to cleanup broken links and empty directories.

find -L /tv/Shows  -type l -delete
find /tv/Shows -type d -empty -delete

will remove the links for deleted programming.