[mythtv-users] Difficulty with video storage group

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Sun May 6 07:44:46 UTC 2012

About a week ago, I upgraded from 0.24-fixes to 0.25 (using the
Mythbuntu system). Once I switched to a theme that supported 0.25
(Arclight), recording and playback of recordings worked fine.

Today I've been trying to watch a video (as opposed to a recording). I
was told "There are no videos in the database. Would you like to scan
your video directories now?"
I said Yes, and got "A video scan found no files, have you configured
a video storage group?".

I checked the videos directory and it is there, it has content, and
the permissions are OK - all unchanged from when it worked under 0.24.

I went to backend-setup to check the storage groups settings, and found oddness.
Initially the only storage group visible was "Default". No other lines
on the screen, not even "(Create new group)". However, when I pressed
the down cursor, all of the normal groups appeared. I scrolled down to
Videos and pushed Enter, and again saw just one (correct) line.
Pushing the down arrow made a second (correct) directory and "(Add new
directory)" appear.

I tried deleting and recreating the Videos group, but this changed
nothing, and there is still the odd behaviour in backend-setup.

Any suggestions?
Thanks :-)

--
Simon Waldman