[mythtv-users] mythwelcome (the it won't shutdown problem)

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sun May 6 09:19:24 UTC 2012

On 5/05/2012 4:35 AM, stinga at wolf-rock.com wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> I have the 'it won't countdown' problem.
>
> I see lots of stuff when googling but I have not managed to resolve
> the issue.
>
> I have a FE/BE only machine.
> mythwelcome runs and will start mythfrontend.
>
> When I exit FE I get the 'myth is idle' message but no countdown.
> Nothing else is connected, but how would I check to make sure?
>
> At a bit of a loss really to work out what might be happening.

Check that you have configured a command for "Command to shutdown" in
MythWelcome settings (Press F11 whilst in MythWelcome).  Something like
"sudo shutdown -h now" should do.  Then ensure that the user running
MythTV has the access to run "sudo shutdown -h now" without password
prompt, something like the following in /etc/sudoers should do the trick.

%mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown

Regards
Michael