[mythtv-users] Difficulty with video storage group

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Sun May 6 19:02:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Simon Waldman <lists at firecloud.org.uk> wrote:

> Today I've been trying to watch a video (as opposed to a recording). I
> was told "There are no videos in the database. Would you like to scan
> your video directories now?"
> I said Yes, and got "A video scan found no files, have you configured
> a video storage group?".
>
> I checked the videos directory and it is there, it has content, and
> the permissions are OK - all unchanged from when it worked under 0.24.
>
> I went to backend-setup to check the storage groups settings, and found oddness.
> Initially the only storage group visible was "Default". No other lines
> on the screen, not even "(Create new group)". However, when I pressed
> the down cursor, all of the normal groups appeared. I scrolled down to
> Videos and pushed Enter, and again saw just one (correct) line.
> Pushing the down arrow made a second (correct) directory and "(Add new
> directory)" appear.

Update: The vanishing lines in backend-setup seem to be a theme issue
- other themes don't do it. So that's no longer something relevant to
the problem.
The problem still remains that MythTV can't see the Video storage
group. Can anybody offer any suggestions on things to try, or further
info that I could provide?

Thanks!

--
Simon Waldman