[mythtv-users] mythwelcome (the it won't shutdown problem)

stinga at wolf-rock.com stinga at wolf-rock.com
Sun May 6 19:12:43 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 17:47:17, Martin Ginkel wrote:
> Am 06.05.2012 14:49, schrieb stinga at wolf-rock.com:
> >
> > On 05/05/12 22:37:03, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> > I have
> > /usr/bin/mythshutdown --check
> >
> > If I run this from cli I get a status of 1 'restart idling'
> regardless of
>
> Wrong: status 1 means 'Not ok to shutdown'
>
> try mythshutdown -s to find the reason.

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ mythshutdown -?
Invalid argument: -?
Usage of mythshutdown
-c/--check flag        (check shutdown possible
                       flag is 0 - don't check recording status
                               1 - do check recording status (default)
                       returns 0 ok to shutdown
                               1 reset idle check)
-s/--status flag      (returns a code indicating the current status)
                       flag is 0 - don't check recording status
                               1 - do check recording status (default)
                       0 - Idle
                       1 - Transcoding
                       2 - Commercial Detection
                       4 - Grabbing EPG data
                       8 - Recording - only valid if flag is 1
                      16 - Locked
                      32 - Jobs running or pending
                      64 - In a daily wakeup/shutdown period
                     128 - Less than 15 minutes to next wakeup period
                     255 - Setup is running

The check-flag comment is a bit confusing to me...

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\