[mythtv-users] MythSystemEventHandler: Command '...' returned 1

Martin Ginkel martin.ginkel at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 07:59:19 UTC 2012

2012/4/19 Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net>:
> supported any more and it kicks in even when I watch something. So I
> want to kill the screensaver on "LiveTV started" and "Playback started"
> and start it again on "Playback stopped". (BTW: Why is there no "LiveTV
> stopped" event?)
>
> Or does anyone know how to do run a command like "killall mythfrontend"
> with xscreenserver? Or even a better solution for my "poor man's sleep
> function"? ;-)

0.25 has now an idle timer in the FE, which is supposed to tell the BE, this
FE is disconnected and to reconnect after.
Have you tried that?

For me it worked once or twice, it also nicely displays a dimmed
screen and an idle message for the user.

Your approach has the disadvantage, that it only recognizes a few
functions of the FE,
not e.g. local video playback and music listening.

Currently I have some other problems with idle shutdown in the BE,
I can't tell yet, whether this is reliable.

       Martin