[mythtv-users] How to configure channels available on STB

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:00:17 UTC 2012

Hi.

I'm using 0.24-fixes.

I'm trying to configure channels that are available on a set-top box
whose S-video output I've connected to a Hauppauge HVR-1900 tuner. I've
created the capture card as usual(*), connected it to a newly-created
Video Source, went into Input Connections and tried creating the channel
lineup.

I did specify a channel changing script.

Behind the Scan button I only seem to be able to do either a Full Scan
or Import Existing Scan. If I select the latter a drop-down box appears
underneath that is empty and into which I can't type anything. I do have
a channels.conf file in the home directory of the user that is running
mythtv-setup.

If I do a Full Scan I just end up with a load of unusable channels.

I've tried using the channel editor but I really hope that I don't have
to use it to create the 150+ channels.

How is this supposed to work? How does the concept of 'scanning' apply
to a set-top box?

*: In fact: I didn't have to create the capture card since it already
existed. I've used it successfully as a tuner connected to analogue
cable. On the Input Connections screen I've disconnected its Television
interface from the analogue Video Source and connected its S-Video
interface to the digital Video Source.

Thanks, Jan