[mythtv-users] any way to sort videos by alternate value

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon May 7 14:13:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:01:02PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> > Is anyone else interested in this (or is anyone already working on
> > such a feature)? I could take a shot at implementing it sometime. Does
> > the above method sound like a good way, or does someone else
> > have a better suggestion?
>
> No alternative suggestions for a different sorting order,
> but out of curiousity, how should one handle the case
> of movie "reboots" (there are now three different
> Batman "franchises", with another rumored for

     A group name or tag of "Batman" with titles sorted by date
within the group seems to be a pretty straighforward approach
here. It's also something that you could associate with TV seasons
and recordings so that you can find all Batman related stuff in one
place. You could tag images the same way too.

    I have a copy of one of the McQuarrie portfolios in MythGallery
so tagging that with "starwars" would make some sense.