[mythtv-users] Backtrace when running mythtv-setup over X

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:25:19 UTC 2012

On 07/05/12 18:56, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Looking at the back trace, all the calls are occurring far below MythTV
> code--specifically in Qt's X support code.  But, as the glibc
> "abbreviated" backtrace said, it's in a call for memory allocation,
> requested by libxi (XInput support).
>
> I'd guess (but this isn't much more than a guess) that the problem is
> either with your X (and/or libxi) or is potentially caused by the X
> configuration (and X doesn't handle/protect against the invalid config).

Thanks for looking at it Mike.

I don't want to waste anyone's time with a local issue. I can walk down
a flight of stairs to the garage to do my mythtv-setup work. But I also
want to help fix this problem for others if it is fixable.

The X server is a laptop running 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04. I have no problems
running other X applications with this X client / X server combination.

I don't know which other applications I could test that use qt. I tried
mythfrontend and, sure enough, it has the same problem as mythtv-setup.

I'm happy to drop this if you are; if not what should I do next?

Thanks, Jan