[mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade 0.24 to 0.25

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:20:46 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 02:42 PM, Damian wrote:

Hi;

> I believe I told it to keep the current file. Here's the contents of my mythtv.cnf file as it is today:
>
> [mysqld]
> bind-address=0.0.0.0
> max_connections=100

/etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf has the same bind-address in my (working 0.26-pre) system.
> I've just had a look at /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log and it doesn't seem to have had an entry since 3rd May.

Look in /etc/init for files that look MythTV related. That will tell you where
the logs are being kept. If you see --syslog blah, then look in /var/log/syslog.
If you see --logpath /whatever, look in that directory. myth{front|backend}.log
are no longer used.

These may be of help:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Special_Notices_.26_Instructions and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging may be on interest to you.