[mythtv-users] mythbackend on xen

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Tue May 8 06:34:12 UTC 2012

Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:
>> jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Is anyone running mythtv backend on xen ? I have one small issue of
>>> reasigning usb controler. I had created virtual system assigned  raid 5
>>> controler and hauppauge tv card and trying to assign 3.0 usb nec controler
>>> in order of using my usb based hauppauge silcondust designed tunner. I
>>> wonder if anyone is running virtual mythbackend?
>>
>> Yes, I've been running Xen for a while now with 3 PCI (USB-bridged)
>> tuners. You can search the list for details....(or ask specific
>> questions :-)
>>
>> /Jeppe
>
> Have you tried this with KVM?

No

> What CPU are you using Intel / AMD ?

Amd on an Asus  m2npv-vm

> Last time I tried using PCI passthrough with an HBA it wouldn't work
> because my motherboard didn't support IOMMU

It's been a while and I don't remember all the details but I'm running
it paravirtualized so don't need IOMMU iirc.

Some years ago I had to apply some fixes to get dvb-t drivers to
work/compile on the guest, but with the latest Debian Lenny I think
everything worked ootb.

/Jeppe