[mythtv-users] Is mythfrontend's AirPlay support supposed to be audio-only or audio-and-video?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 02:10:36 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 11:08, Scott Alfter <scott-sender-2f809c at alfter.us> wrote:
> Here's the mythfrontend log from trying to play a podcast.  It's complaining
> that the audio output (HDMI on a GeForce 210) is busy.  The frontend is just
> sitting at the main menu when I try to start playing.  Tried it with both an
> iPhone 4 and an iPad...no difference:

Your audio card is already in use.
digital audio devices do not support muxing by default; so if used by
one process, they can't be used in another.

What is surprising here, is that your AirPlay client has been trying
to open both a RAOP session (audio only) and an AirPlay one.

It then kills the RAOP connection, but not after the AirPlay video one
has started...

What is your AirPlay client, an iOS device I assume ? which version?