[mythtv-users] Is mythfrontend's AirPlay support supposed to be audio-only or audio-and-video?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 03:55:43 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 11:08, Scott Alfter <scott-sender-2f809c at alfter.us> wrote:

> Here's the mythfrontend log from trying to play a podcast.  It's complaining
> that the audio output (HDMI on a GeForce 210) is busy.  The frontend is just
> sitting at the main menu when I try to start playing.  Tried it with both an
> iPhone 4 and an iPad...no difference:

I can't reproduce this problem whichever way I tried to reproduce it.

However, I've noticed a difference in behaviour between iOS 5.1.1 and
iOS 5.1 and I guess it's the bug in 5.1 and supposedly fixed  in iOS
5.1.1 "Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some
circumstances".

With iOS 5.1.1, I can see that it first tries to create a RAOP
connection, then drop it then connect via AirPlay. I'm guessing a race
condition can occur here, and under some circumstances the RAOP
connection is killed after the video one is started: end result: no
audio.

This didn't occur in 5.1... Looks like their 5.1.1 update introduced a
regression in our code.

haven't tried with a real apple TV

Jean-Yves