[mythtv-users] Most stable way to get video from DCT-6200

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Wed May 9 14:21:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

When I ran .24 fixes (MythBuntu 11.10), I used 2 HDPVRs and spdif to get video from mt DCT-6200's.  When I upgraded to .25 fixes (mythbuntu 12.04), I started getting mythbackend lockups and crashes, all related to the HDPVR's.

So, I switched to Firewire, which came with it's own set of problems: audio decoding errors, video skip.

What is the most stable and future proof way to get HD video and AC3 audio from my DCT-6200 into MythTV.  I thought I had that with the HDPVRs, but apparently not.

Gerald

ps: Firewire MPEG-2 is better HD than HDPVR h.264, which softens the edges (less crisp video)