[mythtv-users] HVR4000 with DVB-S AND DVB-T?

plainfaceboy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 19:49:03 UTC 2012

Hi - I've been using my Mythtv set up for some time, now based on;

Ubuntu 10.01, myth 0.24.2-19fixes, kernel 2.6.32-41,  v4l-dvb-20100517 and
drivers v.1.26.90.0

I'm currently only using the DVB-S and all is fine - pretty much everything
working. Minor problem is that once I have watched something (either
recording, or livetv etc), I have to exit Myth and comeback in to watch
something else, otherwise I only get sound (and a black screen).
However, there a few channels that are only o DVB-T I'd like to have (eg
Dave and BBC interactive 301 etc), but whilst I could use DVB-T on its own,
I can't get them both working together.

I can set up both cards and scan/find channels on both. I am able to watch
live tv on both DVB-S and -T, but have problems switching between them, and
I also can't get the EIT listings to populate both.

For EIT data, I currently have the settings in the backend to do an active
scan, and not open card on demand - and it works well. I assume if I'm using
DVB-S and -T,  I should open on demand, and not do active scan, but this
does not seem to work. I've left it on live TV for some time with both cards
installed, but no EIT data is added.

Can anyone help?
I'm wondering if I should just by another card - if that's the only
solution, what's the best/cheapest card for the job!?

Thanks!
PFB