[mythtv-users] crystalhd error compiling trunk

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu May 10 02:30:46 UTC 2012

I have been compiling mythtv from trunk for years and my recent download
(today) would not compile. I do not need crystalhd and have not enabled it
but there does not appear to be a config parameter to disable crystalhd.

Here is where the error starts.

CC      libavcodec/crystalhd.o
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:82:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_types.h:64:1: error: unknown type name
âboolâ
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:84:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:149:5: error: unknown type
name âHANDLEâ
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:84:0:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:177:5: error: unknown type
name âHANDLEâ

Any help would be appreciated.