[mythtv-users] MythNetvision (Flash) + ION Status?

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Thu May 10 12:58:54 UTC 2012

Am 2012-05-10 14:23, schrieb Brian Long:

> Hello,
> I have a
couple of ION-based frontends and in the past it was impossible to play
Flash videos due to CPU utilization. Back in Dec. 2010 Adobe starting
releasing VDPAU-accelerated Flash (10.1 beta, I believe) and people were
discussing using it with MythNetvision.

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-December/304389.html
[1]

> With Flash 11.x being mainstream now and I assume VDPAU
support fairly well-baked, how well are ION-based frontends able to play
Flash sites (i.e. Hulu, Youtube, etc)?

> Thanks.
>
> /Brian/

Hi
Brian,

I have an Atom 1,6GHz (330, dualcore) on a gentoo system and
still use the flash version 10.3.183.10. Flash videos from Youtube and
other content is playing fine via firefox or mythnetvision. But I can
only say that for videos up to 720p. I didn't test higher resolutions.

Robert S

Links:
------
[1]