[mythtv-users] Don't understand Job Queue

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Thu May 10 19:50:02 UTC 2012

I have been running 0.24 of mythtv-backend on my Debian stable system,
from the precompiled packages.  In order to get a matching front end
(Debian Unstable which has 0.25) I removed all the precompiled packages
and compiled from source.

I seem to have a working system.

Something I have never understood until preparing to write this email is
what Flag Adverts does (I am only beginning to understand).

Now that I just compiled and installed the backend from scratch, I want
to make it work

In the early hours of this morning I recorded a program.  It started
recording at 12:10AM.  Now (at 8:50PM) I am looking at the myweb display
of the backend status, and it shows the Job Queue.  Sitting in that
Queue is the program that I recorded, with a "Flag Adverts" tacked on to
the end. If I mouse over the job it shows me that its status is Queued,
and the Status Time is 1:50AM (which makes sense, since the program was
1 hour 40 minutes long.

What causes it to move from the status queued, to something else.  Do I
need a cron job?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk