[mythtv-users] Possible bug in mythweb 0.25

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at byu.net
Fri May 11 02:17:58 UTC 2012

Just hoping I could get some feedback from the list before I start reporting
the issue on trac.

I searched the archives and found this thread:

Which links to this bug:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8052

I am having the exact same problem with mythtv 0.25 (Mythbuntu 12.04).  The
"upcoming recordings" screen lists a program as "still recording" even
though no tuners are being used, and I believe the file has been finalized.

To reproduce the issue, go to "watch liveTV" just before a recording comes
on and change to the channel where the recording is scheduled to play.  When
the recording is scheduled to start, a popup appears asking if you want to
record and watch while it records.  You say okay.  Then you get the "forever
still recording" message on the "upcoming recordings" screen in Mythweb.

The problem is two-fold, as well.  In addition to the "still recording"
message staying there until the next reboot of the backend, the recorded
program remains in the LiveTV recording group.  It should go to the Default
recording group.

Few tidbits about my system, HDHR (non-prime) with a dedicated machine for
the backend and a dedicated machine for the frontend.

bdogg at zbox:~$ mythfrontend.real --version
MythTV Version : v0.25
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
using_libass using_libxml2