[mythtv-users] MythMusic immediately play songs from playlist editor

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Fri May 11 08:48:41 UTC 2012

Robert Siebert wrote:

>> Am 2012-05-10 12:29, schrieb Paul Harrison:

>>> As I've said before I have already experimented doing that,
that is how it works on the Search View, but I found it really annoying
when you go to pause the music only to find you accidentally added
tracks to the playlist instead because the tree has the focus. It's
something you could get used to but IMHO some important keys shouldn't
have overloaded actions like this it just become too annoying.

Paul H.

>> I agree that some keys should not be overloaded to
confuse user due to the different behaviours of different widgets in
different states. But some users would like to see that feature so thats
why I have added the patch. They can decide if they want to apply it and
go with this behaviour. Its pretty much the same with the directory
mode. Maybe this could be made optional. Yeah more settings. :-)

Robert S

> Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a bad idea. It's
just the use of the PLAY/PAUSE key I don't like. It could be made a
separate keybinding rather than hard coded to the PLAY binding then you
can use whatever key you want. It would also have to be added to the
menu so those of use who don't have remotes with 100 keys can use it as
well or did you already do that I've not looked at the patch.

> Paul
H.

Just as a note I have added two patches to the ticket #10710 [1]
that adds a menu if the user has selected an album or similar. Still
need to add a menu when a single track is selected. The second patch
adds a keybinding instead of the play button.

Robert S

Links:
------
[1] http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10710