[mythtv-users] Can't see my tuner card?

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:51:12 UTC 2012

> There is possibly also slot voltage and PCI version.
>
> Make absolutely sure the card is fully seated in the slot. Use lots of light
> and a magnifying glass. The camera on your phone might work as well
> depending on whether it can do closeups.

The 1250 is PCIe, not PCI so there should not be any issues with slot voltage.

Do check the seating of the card.

You should be looking for the phrase DVB in the system log or dmesg.

If everything is loaded correctly, then you should see something under /dev/dvb/

If you are wanting to use this card for analog, then you are barking
up the wrong tree as the analog side is not supported as far as I can
remember.  The analog side is just a frame grabber with no encoding
capabilities.  With other, better options for analog, the support was
never developed in linux.

- Patrick