[mythtv-users] Possible bug in mythweb 0.25

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 11 21:27:04 UTC 2012

On 05/10/2012 10:17 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:
> Just hoping I could get some feedback from the list before I start reporting
> the issue on trac.
>
> I searched the archives and found this thread:
>
> Which links to this bug:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8052
>
> I am having the exact same problem with mythtv 0.25 (Mythbuntu 12.04).  The
> "upcoming recordings" screen lists a program as "still recording" even
> though no tuners are being used, and I believe the file has been finalized.

FWIW, this has been an issue in many versions of MythTV.  No one has yet
identified the cause, but the simple "fix" is to simply restart your
system (backends/frontends).

> To reproduce the issue, go to "watch liveTV" just before a recording comes
> on and change to the channel where the recording is scheduled to play.  When
> the recording is scheduled to start, a popup appears asking if you want to
> record and watch while it records.  You say okay.  Then you get the "forever
> still recording" message on the "upcoming recordings" screen in Mythweb.
>
> The problem is two-fold, as well.  In addition to the "still recording"
> message staying there until the next reboot of the backend, the recorded
> program remains in the LiveTV recording group.  It should go to the Default
> recording group.

And there are many known issues with the "need the tuner" popup you
describe (including not necessarily doing what you ask or leaving stuff
in Live TV or ...).  It's quite possible this is the source of the bad
data that confuses MythWeb

Mike