[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun May 13 04:57:01 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/12 18:23, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>>> There was some minor re-factoring of the tag reading done by Stuart
>>> that may have something to do with this. It was something to do with
>>> having both vorbis comments and id3 tags in the same file if I recall
>>> correctly. I'd have to go find the ticket/commits to see what changed
>>> to be sure.
>>>
>>> It would be useful if you have them installed to try the taglib
>>> example programs framelist and tagreader to see if they produce the
>>> results you were expecting.
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>> hrm, I have no vorbis tags.
>>

> This is the commit I was thinking of it looks like we now prefer id3
> tags over vorbis ones anyway so that probably isn't it.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/6e37202bb8ffcbc35e62887a4cb9887afa5ab7e5
>
> Do you use .flac for the file extension? Is the 'Ignore ID3 tags'
> setting on MythMusic's  'General Settings' page unchecked?

yes, verified unchecked.

>> I don't see where I can get those programs? I have ubuntu, don't see a
>> package for them, but also a google search doesn't seem to bring
>> anything up except for a perl function?
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> It would still be good to know that taglib can read the tags outside of
> MythTV before we start to dig any further. They are part of the taglib
> source in the examples folder.
> http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html. Some distros like Gentoo
> will compile and install them for you looks like your distro doesn't
> unfortunately. Shouldn't be difficult to download the source that is
> closest to what you have installed an compile the examples yourself.
> Shouldn't have to install anything just run them from the source
> directory after you have compiled them.

well, this is interesting...

$ tagreader Wheat\ -\ Hope\ and\ Adams\ -\ 01\ -\ This\ Wheat.flac
******************** "Wheat - Hope and Adams - 01 - This Wheat.flac"
********************
-- TAG --
title   - "This Wheat"
artist  - "Wheat"
album   - "Hope and Adams"
year    - "1999"
comment - ""
track   - "1"
genre   - "Pop/Rock"
-- AUDIO --
bitrate     - 847
sample rate - 44100
channels    - 2
length      - 1:51

$ framelist Wheat\ -\ Hope\ and\ Adams\ -\ 01\ -\ This\ Wheat.flac
******************** "Wheat - Hope and Adams - 01 - This
Wheat.flac"********************
ID3v2.4.0, 0 bytes in tag

ID3v1
title   - ""
artist  - ""
album   - ""
year    - "0"
comment - ""
track   - "0"
genre   - ""

APE
file does not have a valid APE tag

I've used Jaikoz to tag my music, all with id3 v24 ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 for unicode

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!