[mythtv-users] Can't see my tuner card?

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:15:34 UTC 2012

Your card is definitely not recognized by the kernel. Looks like lots of
people have problems with this card especially with the newer versions that
are actually 1255 not 1250. read this:

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/installation-issue-wintv-hvr-1250-a-13951/

and try this as suggested in the thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/452987#452987

========
Just create a file in /etc/modprobe.d called "hvr1250" and put in it
the following content:

options cx23885 card=20
======

and restart. After that your card should be recognized and the driver
loaded. To confirm run:

$ lsmod | grep cx23885

and you should see the module loaded and other modules listed that use the
driver.

If stuck try google "HVR-1250 + mythtv" ... I got hips of threads about
this card.

Igor