[mythtv-users] Can't see my tuner card?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon May 14 06:41:41 UTC 2012

Igor Cicimov wrote:
>Your card is definitely not recognized by the kernel. Looks like
>lots of people have problems with this card especially with the
>newer versions that are actually 1255 not 1250. read this:
>
>http://www.mythtvtalk.com/installation-issue-wintv-hvr-1250-a-13951/

That is for a different problem - it is *NOT* relevant to the OPs problem.

 From the opening post in that forum thread :
>- and when: sudo lspci
>I get:
>03:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc.
>Hauppauge Inc. HDPVR-1250 model 1196 (rev 04)

The OP in this thread does not get anything from lspci.

So far he's determined that his card is not recognised in his system
- in any available slot. Since it's recognised in a friend's system,
that suggests the card is working.
I'd suggest the next step is to try a different card (any card, not
specifically a tuner) in his system to make sure the slot itself is
working.

--
Simon Hobson