[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase issues

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:13:06 UTC 2012


On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Chris Porter <hoodlum7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/13/2012 09:08 PM, Chris Porter wrote:
>> ...
>>
>>> for the record I am compiling for source. I am quite comfortable with
>>>
>>> patching and running wireshark. Lets just say I know enough C/C++ and
>>> some
>>> QT to be dangerous. If you want I will still write the ticket up, but I
>>> want your opinion on my findings. (I had to used wireshark to see
>>> mythfilldatabase was doing a lookup with my local domain name first.)
>>>
>>
>> Sorry, I didn't recognize the version you posted (I'm used to the:
>> v0.??-???-g??????? format.)
>>
>> And I'm just a user who happened to have a problem (the SQL one mentioned
>> earlier) and got interested in debugging the problem.
>>
>> If your capture shows a delay of more than 10 seconds, then the patch in
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/**attachment/ticket/10662/**
>> downloadmanager.diff<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/10662/downloadmanager.diff>
>> *may* help. I don't know how to duplicate the problem.
>>
>> If I had that much data, I'd write a ticket (and attach the log, version
>> and protocol.) You've probably noticed that your userid (not password) is
>> in clear text, so editing it out would be good. Pointing out that this
>> worked under 0.24 seems important.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/**listinfo/mythtv-users<http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users>
>>
>
> ok. Now I really feel stupid. Apparently I had forgotten to disable IPV6
> on my backend. (my wireless router does not support IPV6. So, no need for
> it)  as soon as I realized IPV6 was running I removed the IPV6 address from
> my backend and re-instituted my search domain. Mythfilldatabase
> --dd-grab-all worked just fine. apparently it was trying to send IPV6 and
> IPV4 look ups and failing on IPV6. Just enough to send mythfilldatabase in
> to failure.
>
> If nothing else I want to thank you guys for helping me open my eyes and
> dig much deeper. It seems when you think you know how you have everything
> configured you never dig deep enough.
>
> I need to pay closer attention when I do an OS upgrade on my backend.
> Stupid stuff like this can wreck your day.
>
>
>
I think in some distributions IPV6 is enabled unless specifically disabled
so this problem will continue to pop up.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20120514/4ae94b6f/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list