[mythtv-users] HTTP Live Stream Quality

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon May 14 21:50:42 UTC 2012

* On Sun May 13, 2012 at 10:28:54PM -0400, Byron Poland wrote:
> Following up on this -  After changing the  "c->level                 =
> 13;" line to "c->level                 = 31;" in the avformatwritter.cpp
> file and recompiling, the baseline is now reporting 3.1 from myth and the
> HLS stream looks great on my iPad.
>
> Is there any hope to getting this changed in the 0.26 or fixes/0.25?

Can you test the following patch?

http://pastebin.ca/2148415

Something will definitely go into 0.26, but to get into fixes/0.25, it
will need to be pretty non-invasive, so checking for low resolution and
bitrate as in this patch should be pretty safe.

This is based on the presets in the ffpresets directory and should use
the following in this order:

- Main 4.1 for anything with a width of over 1000 pixels (ie, iPad, etc.)
- Main 3.1 for anything with a width of over 960 pixels (ie, iPhone 4/4s)
- Baseline 1.3 for anything <= 320x240 and 768K bitrate
- Baseline 3.0 for anything else

This is a quick patch, and hasn't been tested on any of my devices yet
(iPhone 3/3G, iPod Touch 2g, Android Tablet w/ Honeycomb).  Perhaps this
will fix my Android issue, I'll try to test that tonight.

--
Chris