[mythtv-users] Blank Video for short periods

Andrew Potter drewey at internode.on.net
Tue May 15 03:24:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have just built up a backend/frontend and dedicated frontend
machines. Both are version 0.25.

Occassionally when watching a recording the video disappears for 3 - 8
seconds, the audio remains OK.

If I skip back then the video is visible so I can be confident the
recording is OK. This doesn't happen for all recordings but has
happened for different channels.

The frontend is an IONITX A-C running NVidia latest proprietary
drivers. I have VDPAU High Quality selected.
Where would I start looking, frontend logs, or backend logs?

Any guidance is appreciated. Any other information that is required
please ask and I will endeavour to find. I am very new to mythtv.

Andrew