[mythtv-users] Speed up HLS

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue May 15 03:27:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to speed up my HLS transcode times.  Right now looking at the
log in /var/log/mythtv/mythtranscode.log i am only seeing ~25fps.

My backend is on a VMware host with  2 Xeon 5500 3.0ghz CPU's.  I have
hyperthreading enabled so I see 8 virt CPU's to Vmware.  I have assigned 7
of those cores to MythTV and have CPU affinity configured so only Myth gets
those CPU's.

In Mythtv-Setup i set to allow userjobs consumption to high.  When I am
running a job and looking at my CPU's I only see 10-50% usage on each CPU.
VMware shows ~40% CPU usage.

So how do I get mythtranscode to take 100% of the CPU?  Should I be able to
get higher fps than 25?

Thanks,
Mitchell