[mythtv-users] Can't restore Database

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:48:34 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 10:53 PM, Greg wrote:
> I was having problems with my setup so I decided to format and start over...Everything goes fine until I try to restore my database.. I have
> restored many times in the past and never had an issue...
> Database Information:
> DBHostName:
> DBPort: -1
> DBUserName:
> DBPassword:
> DBName: mythconverg
> DBSchemaVer:
> DBBackupDirectory: /video4/db_backups
> Any ideas??????

Hi;

With DBSchemaVer 1301, I believe you're running master with the new
config.xml format.

If so, the restore and backup scripts don't handle the new format yet.

As a workaround, put this in the directory of the user running
the restore/backup, adjusted for your system:

someone at yourHost:~/.mythtv$ cat backuprc

DBBackupDirectory=/video4/db_backups
rotate=20
DBHostName=localhost
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=yourPassword
DBName=mythconverg
DBPort=3306

You may also find that backups running out of cron are failing and need
to add this in the respective user's .mythtv directory.

Note that the schema won't be part of the filename.

--
Bill