[mythtv-users] Gentoo mythweb ebuild for 0.25 fixes missing tarball problem

Roy Thompson roy at haematic.org
Tue May 15 06:27:51 UTC 2012

On 14/05/2012 22:05, Robert Longbottom wrote:
> On 14/05/2012 09:13, Roy Thompson wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm on Gentoo and using the ebuilds from
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging
>>
>> I've run scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py to update the ebuilds to
>> fixes/0.25, since they
>> seem to current be on an rc build.
>>
>> The main ebuilds update fine, but I am having a problem with the mythweb
>> one.
>>
>> The ebuild is created ok, but the manifest does not create, because the
>> tarball it is
>> trying to download does not exist on the server:
>>
>> https://nodeload.github.com/MythTV/mythweb/tarball/50e9b0f898ef4b1af0f7e3a97232900da4e49a76
>>

>> I couldn't find a way for github to give me a tarball for fixes/0.25,
>> only fixes/0.24 or 0.26 pre.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong, or is there something up on github?
>>
>> thanks!
>> Roy
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I don't know how to fix the mythweb issue, but I'd like to know
> what command you used to generate 0.25-fixes ebuilds.  I've been
> putting off switching until there is an ebuild available in packaging
> repo. (either that or I need to switch to MarcT's ebuilds again).
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.

Run from the Gentoo directory (otherwise it won't find files correctly)
scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py --version=0.25 --branch=fixes/0.25 --type=p
and
scripts/mythtv-buildebuild.py --version=0.25 --branch=fixes/0.25
--type=p --packages=www-apps/mythweb

After this I tried to emerge myth and it complained a file was missing
from the manifest.  That was when I noticed it could not download the
tar file from github.

I've tried without "--type=p" and same thing, the only difference seems
to be the ebuilds get named "rc" vs "p".

Roy