[mythtv-users] Blank Video for short periods

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Tue May 15 08:48:56 UTC 2012

On 15/05/2012 04:24, Andrew Potter wrote:
> I have just built up a backend/frontend and dedicated frontend
> machines. Both are version 0.25.
>
> Occassionally when watching a recording the video disappears for 3 - 8
> seconds, the audio remains OK.
>
> If I skip back then the video is visible so I can be confident the
> recording is OK. This doesn't happen for all recordings but has
> happened for different channels.
>
> The frontend is an IONITX A-C running NVidia latest proprietary
> drivers. I have VDPAU High Quality selected.
> Where would I start looking, frontend logs, or backend logs?
>
> Any guidance is appreciated. Any other information that is required
> please ask and I will endeavour to find. I am very new to mythtv.
>
> Andrew

When the video blanks, what happens if you press I or M? That is, can
you see the OSD on top of the blank screen, or does that disappear too?

Does the video blank when in the MythTV menus, or in any other apps?

Are you certain it's not a hardware problem, e.g. dodgy lead?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T