[mythtv-users] Black outline on captions in MythTV-0.25

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:46:21 UTC 2012

I have noticed that CC-608 and external files closed captions (without
a solid black background) no longer have a thin black borders around
each letter like they used to under 0.24.  This makes them hard to see
against bright images.  I am forced to use the full black background,
which obscures more of the underlying image.

I raised the same issue when going from 0.23.1 to 0.24 in the
following thread, which was fixed:

... does anyone know if the patch mentioned by Mark Kendall in that
thread got dropped from 0.25?

As an aside, I'm aware that CC-708 "ATSC" captions have their own
styles defined, so the patch wouldn't apply.  I am ensuring that I am
selecting the correct caption type in mythfrontend during playback.