[mythtv-users] Upmixing with 0.25

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed May 16 18:31:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 May 2012 00:03, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>
>> Well, if I were to take this result to the ALSA list, they'd almost
>> certainly tell me "If it's working with the ALSA tools, then it's a
>> Myth problem." Also, this asound.conf used to work with MythTV 0.17
>
> they wouldn't as there's more than one way to open a device...
>
> Note that you have setup an override for digital devices there..
>
> Does it hang after that last line?
> 2012-05-16 06:39:40.692061 I [25139/25139] CoreContext
> audio/audiooutputalsa.cpp:824 (SetParameters) - ALSA: Buffer size =
> 15360 | Period size = 1536
>
> If so, here is the bug report you can lodge to Alsa, that when you set
> a particular buffer size and period size it hangs..
>
> You would probably find that when using mplayer it fails in the same fashion..
> I use the same parameters as mplayer for the audio card.
>
> JY

Yes, the hang is after that last line. On the console, after I pkill
mythfrontend, it says Terminated after the last line posted above. I
can't see how to launch mplayer with a particular buffer size, but I
see aplay has a buffer-size and period-size parameters. I'll try to
experiment with this later. I'm wondering if it has something to do
with my overriding of the built-in ALSA devices (i.e., !default,
!surround51, etc.).

Thanks,

Karl