[mythtv-users] Ubuntu/Mythbuntu update problem (new thread)

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Wed May 16 18:34:05 UTC 2012

Hello all,

My last thread got confused by my power supply dying as I was trying to
sort things out. That's been replaced now so I'm back to the problems
caused by the upgrade.

'Bill' gave me some help off of the list yesterday, but we got to a
point that he didn't know how to get past. Following his advice, this
command:

sudo mythbackend -v most --user mythtv --nodblog

Returns this:

mythbackend: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libva-x11.so.1: undefined symbol: fool_postp

Any ideas where to go from there?

Background information:
I had Ubuntu 11.10 (with gnome) running MythTV 0.24 by having the
MythBuntu packages installed. There are problems now and the (usually
around updates), but everything has been fine for a few months.

I wanted to see the latest stable version of MythTV, so switched to the
0.25 repository in the MythBuntu configuration area. I then ran the
update manager.

It suggested that I should do a 'Partial' distribution update and I said
OK. Everything seemed to go fine except for this:

http://pastebin.com/NBztMBdW (mythtv.cnf)

(I don't remember now whether I said to keep the old file or take the
new one)

However, after this had all finished, myth was broken. Frontend just
going into a loop of failing and restarting, then realised that the
backed wasn't even running!

Following advice on here, I then ran a full distribution update to take
me to Ubuntu 12.04. That process came up with these issues:

http://pastebin.com/6ydZ55xm (my.cnf)
http://pastebin.com/0rJfGd30 (crontab)
http://pastebin.com/C0nvSVfj (release-upgrades)
http://pastebin.com/Ybg6nNxd (menu.lst)
http://pastebin.com/HX2kyjvQ (usr.sbin.mysqld)
http://pastebin.com/UA3NQab1 (php.ini)

All of which I told to replace the old file with the new file, and I
kept the details of the 'diff' files above for reference.

If it helps to find the source of the problem, my music system is also
not working. I run SqueezeBoxServer on this same Ubuntu system (which is
the house media system and server) and have a couple of SliMP3 and
SqueezeBox units attached to the network. They can not currently connect
to the server. I have added the lines from the end of the old
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld file back into the replaced file, but
the SqueezeBoxSerever still seems to be broken, just like myth.

Hopefully the problems are connected. I thought describing both may help
you all find the solution.

Please help!
Thanks to the power supply failure, this machine has been having
problems for about 2 weeks now. My wife's patience lasted about a week.
Now the kids and cat are packing their bags and lining up at the front
door! :-)

Thanks for your time
Damian