[mythtv-users] 0.25 not autodiscoving mount point for bluray discs

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 16 23:54:00 UTC 2012

On 17 May 2012 00:07,  <kenkyee at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Finally remembered to try this last night.  And sadly, it doesn't work.
> Didn't think it would because you can't do "ls /dev/sr0" directly.  Looks
> like Myth attempts to access it because the drive spins up, but it doesn't
> play the BBC Life discs.

and as I posted earlier, this will never work... for bluray playback
you need to use a mounted disk, not the device disk

> The Ubuntu forums folks came up w/ a few of ugly workaround attempts
> too...none of them are really clean
> I still submit that this is a MythTV bug.  Either give us a way to specify
> an alternate player or figure out where blurays get mounted.  I'd be happy
> w/ specifying an alternate player script.

and from everything you have mentioned so far, none of it points to a
myth issue. MythTV needs to know where you bluray disk is mounted, if
you can't provide a static path to that mounted disk, that doesn't
change with every new disk: that's your issue.

if you configured myth to play bluray from /mnt/bluray, this is where
you have to mount the BD disk to.

you could achieve this quite easily with udev rules..